Care for Lingerie
WASHCARE FOR LINGERIE
Lingerie is usually made from delicate fabrics like satin, silk, lace or gentle cottons. The inner garments that we wear cannot be washed like regular clothing. They need special care and products to be washed.
Do not simply toss your undergarments without reading the care instructions attached to it. Follow it to a tee and also read these following tips to help you care for those garments who remain so close to you.
1. Machine-wash or Hand-wash?
Since most lingerie is delicate, it is always best to hand-wash them. Fill a tub with water, pour in some washing liquid solution for delicate garments and then gently swish the garments through the soapy water.
For stubborn stains, apply the liquid detergent directly to the spot and rub it against itself.
Note of caution: Remove all rings and other jewelry so that they do not snag against the delicate material and lace of your bras and other delicate undergarments.
If you are lazy or don’t have the time to hand wash your under garments, pop them in a cotton mesh laundry bag that you will find on Shyaway.com, exclusively to wash undergarments in the machine.
Special Care Note:
- Don’t ever wash an under wired bra and padded bra in your machine. A lingerie bag works best for non-wired and non- padded bras.
- Don’t ever dry an under wired bra and padded bra to tumble dry which will lose the shape of cup and fitness.
2. Decode the label
The manufacturers of your lingerie know best how to care for what they have created. So follow the labels carefully. They are there for a reason. They are there to tell you how to wash them.
So bear with the irritating aspect of having a label attached to your bra or underwear. Following this piece of label will actually help make your undergarments last longer.
Note of caution:Remove all rings and other jewelry so that they do not snag against the delicate material and lace of your bras and other delicate undergarments.
Use the mildest detergent that you can find. Even baby shampoo works fine. Never use bleach or other strong chemicals on your undergarments as they damage the fabric.
- Never wring the garments dry. It will ruin the shape of the undergarment. Instead pat them dry or take of the excess water by patting with a towel.
- Never put the undergarments in a dryer, as it will bend and twist and ruin the shape as well as elasticity.