The Complete Nursing Bra GuideAll you need to know
The Ultimate Guide to Nursing Bra(नर्सिंग ब्रा)
Nursing bras can be a savior. While you are nursing, especially if it is your first time nursing a baby, it can be a little difficult when everybody is around or when you are out. To solve this issue nursing bras were invented. Not only for it, but it is also designed in a way to provide exact support and comfort that is needed for your breasts while feeding. If you have never nursed a baby before, you would not know how a nursing bra works and it can be confusing to choose the right one. There are many different types of nursing bras, reaching out for help from others in picking the right nursing bra can be intimidating and cannot be much helpful. This nursing bra guide can provide everything that one must know about nursing bras. Whether you are a new mother or already experienced nursing, either way, this guide will help you discover more about nursing bras.
What Is a Nursing Bra?
1. What Is a Nursing Bra?
What is a nursing bra in simple words? Nursing bras (नर्सिंग ब्रा) are designed to provide additional support and comfort for lactating moms. Usually, nursing bras come with clasps or hooks so that the flaps can be opened easily for feeding. The nursing bra is also known as a maternity bra, feeding bra, pregnancy bra, and breastfeeding bra.
Who Invented the Nursing Bra?
A device called “nursing brassiere” was patented in 1948 by Albert A. Glasser. Only post world war 2 there was a huge growth of nursing bras. Later, larger lingerie brands came up with new and better nursing bras. Mary Sanchez was another inventor of nursing bras who patented her work in 1991. Her new invention of nursing bra included fastening the flaps of the bra with one hand and variation of cup sizes.
Physiological Changes During Pregnancy
A woman’s body undergoes several changes during pregnancy. Especially, the breast size changes constantly throughout pregnancy. When you are pregnant the dormant breast tissues become functional tissues in order to prepare your breasts for breastfeeding. Your breasts start producing extra estrogen and progesterone making the glands in the breast grow. It is proven that by six weeks into pregnancy many women start to experience fuller breasts and by 9 months a woman can gain up to 2 pounds only in her breasts.
This is the time when your breasts start experiencing changes. You may notice swollen and sensitive nipples and your breast may start growing larger. Due to the hormonal changes your body might show these symptoms in the first few weeks of pregnancy.
You can notice increased estrogen levels in your body and you start feeling heavy because of the growth of milk ducts.
You will notice larger and heavier breasts and nipples. At this stage, you will have fuller breasts and may also notice stretch marks as your breasts are growing. It is normal to have itchiness because your breasts are expanding. Make sure you are buying bras every trimester, as your breast size changes constantly. Before you begin your lingerie shopping, you must measure your breasts every time. This way you can buy the right bra.
Benefits of Nursing Bras(मेटरनिटी नर्सिंग ब्रा के फायदे)
2. Benefits of Nursing Bras(मेटरनिटी नर्सिंग ब्रा के फायदे)
- Visible breasts during breastfeeding are still considered a taboo subject. Feeding bras(फीडिंग ब्रा) cover your breasts and the flaps attached hide your breasts if you feel inconvenient or uneasy about visible breasts while feeding.
- The nursing bra allows you for quick access to breastfeeding, especially when you are out. You do not want the struggle to search for a feeding room or a place to feed your baby peacefully? Then it is best to wear nursing bras. The flaps just allow you for easier and quicker breastfeeding.
- Hassle-free breastfeeding experience. If your baby is hungry all of a sudden, you do not have to stress over or hurry anymore. You can easily breastfeed your baby without anyone’s help.
- No interruption while breastfeeding. If you want to feed your baby without any interruption or disturbance then you must get a pair of nursing bras.
How Does Nursing Bra Work?
When you are a new mom, your breasts might feel heavier and it can be annoying at times. If you want to go braless firstly, it can really be uncomfortable as this is a period where you will have heavier and larger breasts comparatively, your nipples tend to be more sensitive, and during pregnancy, your nipples tend to discharge a substance called colostrum which is nothing but a liquid that is nutritious and rich in antibiotics, this leakage might be visible through the dress and can be awkward so going braless is not a good idea.
If you are planning to wear a regular bra then the breastfeeding process can be really difficult and less convenient. While wearing a regular bra one has to find a place to breastfeed if you are not convenient breastfeeding in public. If you are wearing a dress, you should have to lift them up completely to breastfeed. In order to avoid this, nursing bras are introduced. Nursing bras are smart to work a mom must do. Usually, when you wear a regular bra, it is very difficult to nurse your baby especially when you are out as you have to lift your dress completely to nurse properly. A feeding bra(फीडिंग ब्रा) features front openings, hence when you want to nurse your baby you can just move your dress aside and feed your baby through the front openings of the bra by just unhooking it and once you are done you can hook it back. For this, you do not have to find a place instead, you can just nurse wherever possible without showing much skin. It makes the situation easier and more convenient for the baby as well as the mother. For a happy and comfortable feeding, nursing bras are a must.
Types of Fabrics
The type of fabric used in the bra plays a major role as some people might have sensitive skin and it might cause rashes and allergies, especially during the pregnancy one has to be careful while choosing the fabric. This is a period where you will have sensitive nipples and you might get breast leakage, hence choosing the right fabric that is skin-friendly and highly absorbent is important. There are many types of fabrics that are safe while breastfeeding, we have listed major three and their benefits.
Cotton is one of the most widely chosen materials, especially during pregnancy. It has everything that a pregnant woman needs for a comfortable breastfeeding experience. It is extremely breathable and highly absorbent, hence can be comfortable while wearing. Cotton nursing bras are easy to manage, provide excellent air circulation, and prevent skin allergies.
The next most preferred fabric for pregnant ladies is spandex. The major advantage of spandex is that it is lightweight. During pregnancy, one might feel heavier breasts, hence choosing a bra that is lightweight can be very effective. Spandex is one such fabric that feels very light on your skin. It feels so soft and smooth on your skin. It is extremely stretchable and durable to make breastfeeding much easier and simpler. The stretchability also helps you retain the original shape of your breasts.
If you want to opt for trendy outfits then you must use lace nursing bras. Lace bras are mostly lightweight and stable, hence it gives you the effortless modern mom look and it also allows you to breastfeed conveniently. If you want to add a little artistic feel to your bras you must grab a lace nursing bra right away.
Nursing Bra Vs Regular Bra
3. Nursing Bra Vs Regular Bra
There are several differences between nursing bras and regular bras. These differences will explain why one should prefer nursing bras over regular bras during the maternity period. This period can be tough and hard, you must need special care for your breasts.
- Convenience is the major factor as pregnancy can be a tough period, all you will long for is stress-free nursing. Nursing bras are specially designed for convenient nursing whereas the normal bra cannot provide much convenience comparatively.
- Easy nursing can make the process much easier. You can save more time and energy trying to find a place to nurse conveniently. Most nursing bras come with flaps or detachable cups in the front for easy nursing while normal bras do not have the flaps.
- Pregnancy is a period when you can notice your breasts growing larger and fuller, hence it is important to provide more coverage. Nursing bras provide high coverage compared to normal bras. Your breasts need more coverage while you are breastfeeding hence, Picking the Breastfeeding bra is the best option.
- This is a period when your breasts need good support for the milk glands to function properly, hence nursing bras provide the maximum support whereas, other bras cannot be as supportive as a nursing bra.
- Most types of nursing bras come in fabrics like cotton and spandex, hence it feels soft on your skin and provides you the utmost comfort. Whereas, other bras come in different materials that might not be suitable during pregnancy.
- Regular bras mostly concentrate on style rather than comfort. You can notice lace and embellishments in a regular bra but you cannot expect it from nursing bras. It is solely designed for the purpose of easy breastfeeding.
Maternity Bra Vs Regular Bra
- Wider bra frame is one of the noticeable differences between the maternity bra and regular bra. Usually, during the pregnancy your breasts tend to enlarge so we will need something that can provide the extra support, hence the wide bra frames are provided. They help hold the bra cups firmer and provide the right amount of support.
- The straps are firmer and tighter compared to the regular bras as it helps hold your breasts in place and lifts them up. It also prevents your breasts from sagging.
- Maternity bras usually have around 6 hooks and eyes so that you can adjust the size according to your current need. But regular bras would only come with around 2 to 3 hooks and bras making it a little difficult to use during pregnancy.
Difference Between Nursing Bra and Maternity Bra
Usually, maternity bras are often confused with nursing bras and there is a common misconception that they both are the same. You must remember that the maternity bras must be used during pregnancy and the nursing bras should be used post-pregnancy. All the other features of the nursing bra and the maternity bra remain the same except the front open flaps that are present in the nursing bra to nurse. Maternity bras are specially designed to protect and safeguard your breasts during pregnancy because that is when your milk ducts start growing. Nursing bras are designed for a better nursing experience and to also provide extreme support.
Why Do I Need a Nursing Bra?
4. Why Do I Need a Nursing Bra?
- Imagine you are out or you are surrounded by people and now your baby starts to cry all of a sudden because she is hungry. Now, you have to search for a place where you can breastfeed your baby, and even when you find the place you have to lift up your dress to breastfeed. It might be inconvenient as well as embarrassing as half of your body must already be visible. In order to avoid such situations, you must need a nursing bra.
- When you are pregnant, you notice an increase in the size of your breasts and you immediately switch to nursing bras. If you are a person who is a user of underwired bras, it might not be convenient for you as most nursing bras do not have underwires. But when you use an underwired bra, the fluids and soft tissues may accumulate and that may lead to problems while breastfeeding. Hence most of the nursing bras do not come with wires.
- Once you start noticing the changes in your breasts you might feel continuous breastfeeding might sag your breasts but nursing bras won’t let that happen. Even if it lacks underwires it makes sure to provide complete support to your breasts.
- If you are a fashionista mom and you think the nursing bras would change your style of dressing then you are wrong. There are a variety of different bras available that come in different patterns and styles. You can pick the ones that are stylish as well as convenient.
- Comfort is the main factor that one sees in a bra, especially when you are breastfeeding comfort plays a major role. Usually, the nursing bras are made of soft and stretchy material, hence it feels so light on your skin.
- It makes the process much easier and simpler. The nursing bras usually come with flaps in the front so that it can be hooked and unhooked easily with even one hand. It paves the way to easy nursing where you just have to move your dress aside a little, unhook, feed, and hook again. Isn’t it simple? Go grab one first.
Features of a Nursing Bra
- Nursing bras are usually padded, hence if you feel like you want more enhancement to your breasts you do not have to worry about it anymore. There are also different bras available that come with different padding such as lightly padded, moderately padded, and heavily padded. You can pick the right one according to your need.
- Most of the nursing bras are wire-free because if you are pregnant your breasts need to be easily accessible. Underwired bras can make your job tougher and might cause a lot of inconvenience.
- Nursing bras usually have full coverage or 3/4th coverage to provide extreme support to your breasts.
- When you are wearing tight-fitting dresses during pregnancy visible bra lines are one of the major issues. Nursing bras are seamless, hence allows you to wear dresses you like.
- Nursing bras have cups that are detachable to make the breastfeeding process easier for you. One can just unhook the cup to breastfeed and hook it up again easily.
- Nursing bras come with back closure so that you can breastfeed more comfortably and conveniently.
Types of Nursing Bras
5. Types of Nursing Bras
There are several types of nursing bras available and it might confuse you to select the right one. We have listed some top nursing bras that one must have so that you can select the right nursing bra according to your preference.
Drop Cup Nursing Bra
It is the most convenient type of nursing bra. If you are a person who is used to wearing a normal bra and cannot switch to a nursing bra all of a sudden then drop cup nursing bras are a must-have. They provide extreme support and comfort to your breasts. Drop cup nursing bras come with a piece of fabric called flaps on the cups that can be hooked and unhooked easily. While you are breastfeeding you just have to unhook the cup while the other breast would still be covered.
Wirefree Nursing Bra
Though there is no evidence that underwired bras are not suitable to wear during and after pregnancy, many, doctors still do not recommend wearing underwired bras during pregnancy. It is said to press your breast and pressurize the milk-producing glands, it is extremely uncomfortable, and it may lead to inflammation. Whereas, wire-free nursing bras, on the other hand, are comfortable and convenient. It just stays on your breasts and feels light.
Lightly Padded Nursing Bra
If you are wondering what type of bra to wear during pregnancy then you must opt for this lightly padded nursing bra. It is not only helpful during lactation but also helps by providing extreme support during pregnancy. If you are a person who is used to wearing padded bras to lift and enhance your breasts, then wearing nursing bras can be a little new and uncomfortable for you. This is when lightly padded nursing bras come to the rescue. It is slightly padded, hence you can have the padded effect without pressurizing your breasts too much and at the same time, you can have a better breastfeeding experience.
Lace Neckline Nursing Bra
Are you looking for trendy and fashionable nursing bras that can help you nurse conveniently yet help carry yourself beautifully? Then opt for lace neckline nursing bras. They are perfect to pair with trendy dresses and yet contribute well during breastfeeding.
Sports Nursing Bra
Are you a fitness freak? Are you obsessed with pregnancy exercises that you have been wanting to do always? But have you ever imagined working out in a regular bra especially when you are pregnant? It seems weird and difficult, right? Then you have to get a sports nursing bra. Sports nursing bra provides the extra support and coverage that one needs.
Strapless Nursing Bra
If you are a fan of backless or off-shoulder tops but confused about how to wear those cute tops during pregnancy then the cure is the strapless nursing bra. It is similar to the usual strapless bra but instead, it has an additional benefit for nursing. A strapless nursing bra has an outer layer so that you can pull it down for breastfeeding and once you are done pull it back and secure properly.
How to Buy a Nursing Bra?
6. How to Buy a Nursing Bra?
Once you have gained enough knowledge about nursing bra it is time for shopping. But there are several things that you must remember before you start your nursing bra shopping.
- First and foremost, you must forget your regular bra size. This is a period when a woman can experience fuller and sensitive breast growth, hence your bra size differs. You need to go for a much larger cup size than what you wear usually. You need to take measurements of your breasts before you start shopping.
- Adjustable straps are always a blessing especially when you are breastfeeding, you might feel uncomfortable wearing a tight bra or your size may vary often making it tighter or looser either way, having adjustable straps can save you from the problem. So, while you are buying a nursing bra make sure to notice whether it has adjustable straps.
- The purpose of buying a nursing bra is to make breastfeeding simpler, hence while you are buying check whether the flaps are easily opened with one hand.
- Always make sure the nursing bra comes with hooks and eyes so that you can adjust the size accordingly.
How to Measure Nursing Bra Size?
Things you will need: Measuring tape, a mirror, regular non-padded bra, a paper and pen to note.
Step1- Take a measuring tape, stand in front of the mirror in a way you can clearly see the measurements.
Step2- Now measure your cup size, the area under your breasts, and under the arms. Note down the values clearly and accurately.
Step3- Now round-up the values you have written down to even numbers eg: If it is 31.5 change it to 32, if it is 33.1 change it to 34.
Step4- You have not got the measurements of your breasts, rib cage, and under arms.
Step5- Subtract the rib band measurement from the cup size measurement and whatever the value you get match it with the below table.
Step6- 0- AA, 1-A, 2-B, 3-C, 4-D, 5-DD, 6-DDDF, 7-G
Your rib band measurement is your breast measurement and adding the respective letter to it will give your bra size. You can also use, online nursing bra size calculator/maternity bra size calculator to get the exact size. If you still are confused, Shyaway’s experts can clarify your doubts and help you measure your breast size at home just by following simple steps.
How to Choose a Nursing Bra?
- Wide straps are an important consideration while choosing the perfect nursing bra(नर्सिंग ब्रा). Your breasts tend to grow throughout pregnancy and during breastfeeding. Wide straps can help distribute the weight of your breasts and also provide more support. Wide straps can also make your bra last a little longer.
- Choosing the right fabric is another important thing to consider. During breastfeeding, you can experience leakage hence you must grab a nursing bra that is breathable, absorbable, and dries quickly. Cotton is the most preferable type of fabric during the breastfeeding period. It has the tendency to absorb quickly and dries fast.
- When to buy a nursing bra or maternity bra? Do not shop too soon as your breast size is undeterminable. You can buy maternity bras during the first or second trimesters. When should I start wearing a nursing bra? After your delivery, wait for around 1 month before buying your first nursing bra. This is the period when your milk ducts are fully developed and reflect the right size of your breasts.
- If you are tired of wearing the same boring nursing bra, just do not forget there are many other varieties in nursing bra that you can opt for to make your nursing period fun and enjoyable.
Motherhood is a beautiful period that every woman must experience, enjoy this time more conveniently by using the right nursing bra.
How Many Nursing Bras Do I Need?
Your breasts go through a lot of changes during the pregnancy period. The size of the breasts may differ often. It also depends on how long you are planning to feed your baby hence when you are beginning you can just start with 3 bras. It is important that you measure your breasts every month. Whenever you feel, the bra you are wearing is tight or loose, it is time for another 3 new bras.
Nursing Bra price Range
Each type of nursing bra comes in different price ranges. Here we have listed the price range of each type of bra so that it would be easier to select.
Drop cup nursing bra- Price ranges from Rs.300 to Rs. 1500. Available in different sizes so that it fits all body types.
Wirefree nursing bra- Price starts from Rs.350 to Rs.1500.
Lightly padded nursing bra- Price starts from Rs.1000.
Lace neckline nursing bra- Price starts from Rs.1000
Sports Nursing Bra- Price starts from Rs.500
Strapless Nursing Bra- Price begins from Rs. 400
Note- If you are buying any types of nursing bras through Shyaway, you can always get huge discounts while ordering. We offer several combo offers that allow you to save more money while making your orders. They also come in different colors but if you want a bra that can go with all outfits you can opt for a nude nursing bra. If you want a bra that complements all the outfits you can either go with black or white. Otherwise, you can also wear nursing bras that match the color of your outfit.
Factors Affecting the Fit, Comfort and Support
7. Factors Affecting the Fit, Comfort and Support
Getting the right size nursing bra is not a simple task there are many other factors involved that make up a bra fits you rightly. Since your breast size changes constantly throughout your maternity as well as post maternity. These factors will not remain the same. Let’s have an in-depth look at the factors affecting the fit, comfort, and support of your bra and the breasts.
It is not necessary that every woman must undergo breast size changes; it depends on their bodies. If you are not wearing the right cup size then it can totally affect the comfort and support of your breasts. If your cup size is too small than your actual breast size then it might really be uncomfortable and difficult to even unhook the flaps while feeding. It might also make you feel suffocated which can be annoying while lactating. Tight cups cannot provide the right support too. On the other hand, if your cup size is too large then you cannot get the right support and protection that your breast needs and might feel inconvenient while lactating.
Band size is another important factor. If you are measuring your band size by yourself make sure to follow the right guide as mentioned in this article or contact our expert to solve your issue. Band size problems can affect the overall bra size and you are eventually led to buying too tight or too loose bras.
This period when your breasts are fully developed and look fuller, you will need something to cover your breasts. Coverage plays an important role in maintaining comfort levels. Nursing bras must have full-coverage in order to cover your breasts while you are breastfeeding. It gives your breasts fullness and firmness and eventually provides good support. When you are wearing tight-fitting dresses full-coverage helps you have a seamless finish. It can greatly help prevent spillage.
Position of the Clasp
During the lactating period, the position of the clasps is considered really important. Your breast size does not remain the same and changes constantly throughout your maternity and lactating periods. That is why it is recommended to measure your bra size every three months. But, there is another easy trick that helps you with the changing breast sizes is the position of the clasp. Always, wear your bra in the clasp that you feel the most comfortable and fitting.
How To Wear a Nursing Bra?
8. How To Wear a Nursing Bra?
There are many different nursing bras, hence you might be confused about how to wear a nursing bra and use them properly. This step-by-step guide of how to wear all the major types of bras can help you out.
Drop Cup Nursing Bra
Step 1- The drop-down nursing bra has flaps attached to both sides of the cup with a clasp. Select the side you are about to feed. Just open the clasp and bring the cup in the downward direction.
Step 2- Now you can feed your baby and fasten it again once you are done with nursing.
Things to Remember Before Buying a Drop Cup Nursing Bra
- Always choose a fabric that is moisture-wicking and highly absorbent.
- Make sure that the bra has detachable cups on both sides so that it is easy for you to breastfeed on either side.
- While buying make sure that the flaps are detachable easily with one hand as especially when you are out, it just has to make the process much simpler without having to struggle to even open.
Strapless Nursing Bra
If you are opting for a strapless nursing bra only during occasions, then it’s completely fine but using strapless nursing bras for daily use is not recommended as they are not comfortable. Before shopping makes sure the strapless bras come with hooks at the back so that it fits perfectly.
Step 1- Place the cups on your breasts perfectly.
Step 2- Now fasten your bras at the last hook or on the hook that you feel the most comfortable.
Step 3- Whenever you are choosing strapless nursing bras try to get a little smaller size than your usual bra size so that it sits on your breasts perfectly.
Note– Other types of nursing bras follow the same steps as the drop cup nursing bra.
Things to Remember Before Buying a Strapless Bra
- Only buy strapless nursing bras with hooks and try to avoid silicone nursing bras during pregnancy. Due to leakage, it may seep through the silicone and may worsen the situation so it is not recommended to buy strapless bras with silicone.
- Always measure your breasts before buying and go a cup size down so that it fits you perfectly.
- Avoid using moisturizers or body creams as the strapless bra wouldn’t stay put if you use anything that smoothes the surface of your skin.
- Try to buy strapless bras that come with detachable straps so that you can always use them whenever you feel uncomfortable.
Note- Most of the nursing bras that are highly recommended follow the same process as the top-down nursing bras.
When to Wear a Nursing Bra?
9. When to Wear a Nursing Bra?
There are so many confusions about when to wear a nursing bra, should it be worn always, should one wear it while sleeping, etc. Here are a few things you must know to clarify your doubts. Apart from the times, you are breastfeeding, if you do not wish to wear your nursing bra it is completely okay. It is all about comfort whichever you feel the most comfortable you need to opt for it. Most of the nursing bras designed are lightweight and made of skin-friendly material, hence it does not cause any discomfort and also gives your breasts additional protection compared to the regular bras. But if you opt to wear regular bras you still can.
Should You Wear a Nursing Bra If You Are Sleeping?
Image Here You can also use sleeping nursing bras while sleeping because in the middle of the night, you might want to nurse your baby and nursing bras can make the situation easier. It is comfortable and supportive, hence helps you have a good night’s sleep. Breast leakage is another major reason why one should wear nursing bras, it absorbs the leaking breast milk and does not seep through your dresses. It is made of soft and stretchy fabric but provides sufficient protection and support to keep your breasts in place. They do not have hooks and help keep the nursing pads in place.
What You Can Wear With a Nursing Bra?
Nursing bras are designed to be suitable under any dresses so you can wear them with the dresses you like without any hesitation. In fact, nursing bras can provide a much more seamless appearance than regular bras. They can make your breasts look fuller and bigger because of full coverage. If you have saggy breasts nursing bras can lift them up making it appear fuller and firm.
- Even if you are dressing up for special occasions, you can still wear nursing bras. There are several varieties of nursing bras lace neckline nursing bras that can be perfect if you are going for a special occasion. It can look trendy as well as allows you for effortless nursing.
- If you are planning to wear a strapless or off-shoulder dress then you can still wear nursing bras but rather than usually nursing bras you must opt for strapless nursing bras that allow you to flaunt your dress as well allows you for a stress-free feeding.
- If you are planning to go to the gym, of course, you can go wearing a sports nursing bra. They are extremely comfortable and made of breathable fabric and hence helps you workout comfortably.
Nursing Bra Wash Care
- Before washing, make sure to close the clasps and hooks without any twists.
- You must wash your light-colored bras like nude, white, and light pink separately and dark colors like black, brown, and blue separately in order to keep the colors true.
- Usage of mild detergent is preferable and usage of bleach can be avoided.
- Always use cold water while washing your bras and if possible wash it with hands, this way you can prevent fading and wear and tear.
- Once you are done washing, do not use the dryer instead, allow it to dry in the natural sunlight. This way it can kill bacteria and germs and dries faster.
- Ironing of nursing bras is not allowed as the heat may shrink the elastic and eventually, changes the shape of the bra.
- If a nursing bra is taken care of properly it can last up to 4 to 6 months which can save a lot of money. Maintaining a proper bra hygiene also helps prevent infections.
Nursing Bra Myths and Facts
10. Nursing Bra Myths and Facts
- Nursing bras come only in one style and are boring! It was once a truth but over the years, the fashion industry has had several changes and one among them is that it gave a variety in nursing bras. Nursing bras now come with more than 10 styles and everything is designed without compromising in the ability to easy breastfeed. It comes in light and bright colors. Now the user can wear whatever the style they want yet can breastfeed comfortably.
- Sagging of breasts while breastfeeding is common but one of the myths is that wearing a nursing bra cannot lift your breasts to make it look firmer. Nursing bras do not have underwires but it still can lift up your breasts making it look fuller and sturdier. But the only thing is that you should select the right bra size.
- Another myth is that nursing bras are uncomfortable. It is actually not, they are softer and smoother than you could imagine as they are specially designed with light and breathable material it is comfortable than most of the super fancy bras available nowadays.
- Underwired wired bras are not preferable. It is commonly believed that underwired bras can cause mastitis, inflammation of the breast tissue, or breast infection. It is one of the common myths but there is still no evidence that underwire bras can affect the breasts. Mastitis is a problem that is caused when you wear too tight-fitting bras. If you wear underwired bras but with proper fitting, it is still okay.
- Nursing bras can only be worn during breastfeeding. Even today most people believe in it, but it is a myth. Even for big celebrations and occasions you can still wear nursing bras. Nursing bras come in different patterns hence, pick the one that you feel goes with your outfit. You are all set to go for easy breastfeeding and also to flaunt your beauty.
1. When Can I Stop Wearing Nursing Bras?
It totally depends on the person and how long one wants to feed their baby. Once you stop breastfeeding your baby you can stop wearing nursing bras. When you prefer wearing regular bras over nursing bras you can stop wearing them. If you feel like your nursing bras are not as convenient and comfortable as regular bras, you can stop wearing them. If you need the help of nursing bras and yet feel uncomfortable wearing nursing bras every day, you can choose to wear them only when you are out.
2. Can You Wear a Regular Bra While Breastfeeding?
It is completely okay to wear regular bras while breastfeeding but if you want extra support and comfort nursing bras are the best choice. If one can manage breastfeeding their babies while wearing a regular bra then you can choose regular bras over nursing bras. At the end of the day, it is all about the comfort, nursing bra or regular bra whichever makes you comfortable you can use them.
3. What Are the Best Nursing Bras?
Listed some of the must-have nursing bras,
- Padded nursing bras
- Drop cup nursing bras
- Wire-free nursing bras
- Lace neck nursing bras
- Front open nursing bras
4. What Are the Advantages of Nursing Bras?
- Provides good coverage.
- Gives a seamless look.
- Helps in easy breastfeeding.
- Provides extra support.
- Prevents leakage of milk seeping through.
5. When Is World Breastfeeding Week?
The world breastfeeding week is celebrated from August 1st to August 7th every year across the world in more than 120 countries. WHO, UNICEF, and WABA wanted to encourage breastfeeding at least for the first 6 months and to provide support for breastfeeding.